Opening up science to the world!
Back in 2020, Bayer Crop Science wanted to move beyond conventional thinking on what is business transparency. Bayer initiated its OpenLabs program, opening to the public the opportunity to visit the main Bayer laboratory site in Germany. Here they can observe Bayer scientists in a live event as they do detailed safety studies that are required for product registration.
Due to COVID-19 the program was put on hold. But this also opened the opportunity to a much broader approach.
The onsite visitor program was replaced by a new virtual platform – Bayer OpenLabs 360º. Now, with the click of their mouse, anyone can visit Bayer’s installations at any time, from anywhere in the world.
The aim is to build trust in Bayer’s science-based approach through its Transparency initiative and strengthen the company’s positioning as a thought leader in the field, increasing visibility and awareness of its leadership in product safety.
Together with the Bayer Crop Science team, we created the OpenLabs 360º brand.
Through OpenLabs 360º audiences can:
- Follow a safety study via a virtual experience as scientists work to provide testing data that secures regulatory approval for its crop protection products.
- Join a webinar that brings scientists into conversation with different stakeholders, including regulators, policymakers, academics, farmers, consumers, members of the scientific community and the general public.
- Access a range of useful communication materials that deliver easy-to-understand messages to bring Bayer’s science closer to people worldwide.
- 300 participants in webinars and tours worldwide
- 180K+ impressions on social media
- 200K+ unique visits to the main website
- 94% of webinar participants reported an ‘increased trust in science.’