It seems like it was just yesterday that we kicked off our “Real Women Fostering Women’s Leadership” series, but I’m happy to say we’ve made it to our fifth installment and have expanded the discussion by merging it with Omnicom’s Leading Women’s Network.
For the latest talk, “Women in Agencies Have Cracked the Glass Ceiling: Tips for Breaking Through,” I was joined by an amazing group of women including Rita Rodriguez, Executive Vice President at Omnicom Group; Diane Hessan, CEO of Communispace; Kathleen Brookbanks, President of OMD’s East region; Tracy Lovatt, CEO of Batten and Co.
The series has prompted a wide variety of discussions, and this one did not disappoint as we discussed tips from women who have broken the glass ceiling. Before you get to the video I’ll share a few highlights that you’ll want to listen out for in the video.
Tips from Women who have Broken the Glass Ceiling
- Own your own career. Never assume the company is responsible for your own career.
- You don’t have to do it on your own. There are plenty of people you can go to and ask how something works. Don’t let not knowing something hold you back.
- Don’t wait on promotions to come to you. Go after what you want.
- Take the word “or” and throw it out! Doing so can be transformational.
- If you receive negative feedback don’t assume that it’s because you are a woman. Doing so can prevent you from taking in the actual feedback that could be helpful to your career.
There’s plenty of other great content in the video and I encourage you to watch it below.