In a year marked by a pandemic, economic setback, racial injustice and political unrest, communicators face tough decisions on when – or if – to speak up internally and/or externally. Ketchum recently hosted a focused discussion on how to manage your communications during the final weeks leading up to the U.S. election and the period of uncertainty that is certain to follow.
To access a recording of the 30-minute panel and a Key Takeaways Summary, please register below.
Michael O’Brien, president, client experience
• Bill Zucker, managing director, Ketchum Executive Advisory & Media Services
• Lauren Butler, senior vice president, Ketchum Employee Communications & Engagement
• Lindsay Wagner, senior vice president and North America head of diversity, equity and inclusion
TOPICS DISCUSSED INCLUDE
• Reputation protection strategies for you and your stakeholders
• Scenario planning and preparation tools and techniques
• Employee engagement considerations
• Diversity, equity and inclusion opportunity areas
LEARN HOW KETCHUM CAN HELP
Register below to access our key takeaways summary and learn more about relevant Ketchum services as you evaluate needs for your organization.