James Maxwell Programme
Do you want to build brands, influence behaviour and help drive profitability? Would you like to work somewhere committed to making you even better? Yes? Well, then, look no further.
The James Maxwell Programme is an excellent opportunity to join a top global public relations consultancy and receive the best introduction to PR!
Ketchum’s programme is a unique offering that enables you to work in a full-service PR agency within one of our communities based on your skill; Corporate & Technology & Public Affairs, Brand or Healthcare. Ketchum prides itself on a unique culture and atmosphere, and this programme offers a fantastic opportunity to work, for four months with some of the best PR professionals in the industry with a real passion for the work they do, on completion of your four months there is then the opportunity of a permanent role with Ketchum.
What will I be doing?
This is a difficult question as the beauty of PR is that rarely are two days ever the same. But, to give you some idea of the kind of things our Maxwell participants get up to, here is a, by no means, exhaustive list of typical tasks:
- Building and maintaining strong relationships with colleagues and members of the media
- Monitoring media, preparing coverage reports, and proactively spotting trends, coverage or opportunities from clients’ competitors, markets or industries
- Assisting with media sell-ins to achieve clients’ coverage aims
- Building your digital PR skills in multiple platforms – Twitter, Facebook, Vine, Instagram, Tumblr and many more
- Creating media lists and arranging and attending journalist interviews and briefings
- Producing accurate and high quality written documents including, media materials, news releases, competition copy, product reviews, feature proposals, invites, e-mails, advertorial copy and reports
- Assisting your team in editing, proofreading and compiling documents or presentations
- Assisting in the development and implementation of creative ideas – lots of brainstorms and idea generation (complete with sweets)
- Managing logistics and time plans and efficiently planning, organising and supporting events and projects for your teams and/or clients
- Attending video/photo shoots
- Event Management
- Assisting in New Business development, including Requests For Information and pitches
- Conducting research into current trends, different markets and a range of things you didn’t know you could research
- Participating in our extensive Learning and Development programme
- Ensuring the general administrative aspects of the account are in place and run smoothly
- The opportunity to work across teams/departments - allowing you to gain insight into the other teams early on
That sounds busy, what do you do to have fun?
PR agency life can be busy, so we want to make sure that we unwind by having fun together and to reward everyone’s hard work, we offer a very competitive benefits package.
To give you an idea, here are the highlights: 8 days of holiday and an extra day off in your birthday week! We also have a drinks trolley on Friday afternoons, weekly fruit bowls and all the tea and coffee you can drink!
Giving something back to the community and the environment is high up there on our list of priorities. Every year we run community days to help local organisations such as the Blackfriars Settlement and Age UK where Ketchum employees have volunteered to cook lunch for elderly members of the community, plus lots of fundraising and other initiatives for our partner charity, Room to Read. We also offer a free Pilates class every Monday to help you get fit and meet people across the agency.
This is the job for me, how do I apply?
Applications for our 2017 September entry will open in May 2017. This will require you to complete an application form which you can download from here and submit this along with your CV to the James Maxwell Programme role at www.ketchum.com/careers.
If you have any questions about our James Maxwell Program or would like to be added to our mailing list please email email@example.com
Wait, I have some more questions. . .
We thought you might - you can find all the answers to your questions here on the FAQ page. However, if your question still remains unanswered, please contact Chante Plom on the email listed above and she’ll be happy to help you!