A 2013 study by H&R Block revealed that when taxpayers self-prepare their tax returns, half make errors by not claiming all available tax credits/deductions. Inaccuracies in 2013 on self-prepared tax returns contributed to $1 billion the Internal Revenue Service held in unclaimed tax refunds. Ketchum helped H&R Block call attention to this with the “Get Your Billion Back America” campaign, demonstrating the mountains of cash self-preparers leave behind with the Internal Revenue Service by failing to claim proper tax credits and deductions. National media cashed in on the story, appointments mounted, and the campaign attracted 4 million new customers.
- 2015 Silver Anvils – Integrated Communications, Consumer Services
- 2015 Americas SABRES – Financial Services
- 2015 PRSA Bronze Anvils – Creative Tactics – Consumer Services
- 2014 PRism Awards – Integrated Communications
- 2014 MarCom Awards – Special Event
- 2014 Event Market’s Event Technology Awards – Best Audience Interaction