To shine a light on the difficult issue of “summer hunger” and ConAgra Foods’ commitment to getting meals to kids when they need them most, Ketchum partnered with the company (and a charismatic 10-year-old Kid President) to create a feel-good YouTube video seen by millions. Viewing, liking or sharing the Kid President video triggered a donation from the ConAgra Foods Foundation that would provide the monetary equivalent of one meal to Feeding America.
Moms across America immediately embraced Kid President and took action to help fight summer hunger, driving 23 million daily media impressions, 37 million social media impressions, awareness of the issue, and most importantly, 1.1 million meals to Feeding America.
- Americas SABRES – Brand Journalism
- PR Daily CSR Awards – Best Media Relations/PR Campaign
- PRWeek Awards – Cause Related Campaign of the Year (Honorable Mention)
- PR News CSR Awards –Social Media Campaign Finalist
- PR News CSR Awards – Video Initiatives Finalist
- PRSA Bronze Anvils – Online Videos (Award of Commendation)
- PRSA Chicago Skyline Awards – Public Service, Business (Award of Excellence)
- PRSA Chicago Skyline Awards – Online Video (Award of Excellence)