Noting the decline of the city tree population, BUND wanted to reverse this trend. Through a campaign that turned a tree itself into a dynamic street performance that emitted light and sound every time a chestnut fell, the campaign succeeded catching peoples' eye--and ears. Up to 500 visitors came to watch the tree concert every day and donations skyrocketed during the month of the concert as compared with the average month. As another testament to its efficacy, this campaign was also the winner of the gold PR lion in the Charity and Non-profit category.
- 2013 Cannes Gold Lion: Charity and Nonprofit
- 2013 Cannes Bronze Lion: Best Use of Live Events and Stunts
- 2013 Cannes Bronze Lion: Environmental PR
- 2013 European Excellence Award: Ecology & Environment
- 2013 European Excellence Award: Germany
- 2013 International German PR Awards: Best Staging and Live Communication Award