Royal Pingdom found 29 social networks with more than one million visitors per day. The data is as of February 2011, but I think it still testifies the fact that I am not the pro I thought I was.
Take a look at the list of social networks below and see how many you are familiar with.
Of their list:
- I am a member of 6 7. (Update 1: I found I am on Orkut as well.)
- I had heard of another 9 8.
- I had no idea the remaining 14 even existed.
Surprises for me:
- Orkut has 51M daily visitors? Really ?
- Odnoklassniki (the Russian equivalent of Classmates.com with a Facebook flavor) is not much larger than business-oriented vKontakte.
- Qzone (Chinese MySpace) has 480 million members and is way larger than Renren (Chinese Facebook), clocking in 12 times its daily visitors.
- Hyves, Tuenti and Renren attract about the same traffic. All three popular in one country only, but the countries are Holland, Spain and China.
Update 2: A couple of friends replied, so I propose a simple self-scoring system: 2 points for each membership, 1 point for each “heard of.” In the comments, thank you.