There’s a sea change happening in corporate governance. With recent regulatory changes, companies are under greater scrutiny than ever. Shareholders are more influential in everything from director elections to executive compensation.
What does this mean for boards of directors? A new way of operating and communicating with shareholders. And communications and investor relations professionals will increasingly need to think about issues such as:
- Turning out the vote in routine and contested director elections
- Making the case for executive compensation in say-on-pay votes
- Communicating the rationale for the board’s structure
- Defending the composition and diversity of the board
- Communicating the company’s sustainability record
- Demonstrating the company’s leadership in governance and corporate citizenship
Out of these changes, the Ketchum Corporate Governance Advisory Board was born - a diverse group of expert counselors on governance matters and investor communications. With leaders in securities law, governance consulting and shareholder and investor relations, we have deep insight into these issues. And members are available under separate retention arrangements to help Ketchum's corporate clients navigate the new governance landscape.
Together with the Advisory Board, Ketchum counselors offer a range of governance services. From executive compensation to shareholder proposals, we offer communications strategies to help gain the support of important constituencies during proxy season and throughout the year.